192.168.1.1 Admin Login
These instructions will help you adjust setting on your modem or Wi-Fi router settings using its IP-address – 192.168.1.1 after the entry has failed. Do not close the page. Simply, spend a couple of minutes and read the instructions below. This simple process will quickly resolve the problem with your access to ADSL-modem’s, Wi-Fi router’s or optical GPON terminal’s configuration. Problems with accessing IP-address 192.168.1.1 can vary, and sometimes are caused by the modem itself, and/or by browser settings. Now let’s address the most common situations. Please be patient and stay calm as we go through the process of troubleshooting the problem.
Checking of router’s connection
At first, you need to verify if everything is connected correctly, thus follow the instructions to make sure of the following:
- Router must be connected to the plug and be turned on with the “power” button. If everything is correct, the “power” indicator light will turn on.
- Router connects with computer using a network cable. Check if this is performed correctly and pay attention to the condition of the cable – it may possibly be damaged, kinked, or have breaks or cuts. If this is the case, it should be replaced with a new cable. To be sure there is no problem with the cable, simply connect the router to the system using another cable.
- One of the router’s LAN indicators should be lit, usually it is green light. It may light continuously or blink frequently.
- Connection has to be recognized by the computer. (“Desktop → Network connection →Data Control Center” you can also check this using the Notification Center, it is located to the right.
Wrong choice of LAN-port at the device
You should check the connection of the network cable also – it may possibly be conducted incorrectly. Make sure that you use the “LAN” port, not the “Internet” port – in this case nothing will work.
Some routers have two or more LAN ports, however, some of them might be used for interactive TV (IPTV), so they cannot be used for our current purpose. Try to remember the specific port (LAN1, LAN2, etc.) that is applied for TV. If you can’t remember, try to connect to every port and log in with IP into router’s settings. While doing this, pay close attention to the indicators, if they are not changing lights or don’t light at all, most likely you are experiencing problems with the router itself. In this case, you should place it into service for repairing.
Modem or router’s operation failures
Sometimes routers stop working when the capacity is too high, or because of many different errors in the outer network. In this case, you can unplug the router from the electrical source, wait for five minutes and then turn it on again. Now check once more if you can access the router’s settings.
If nothing has changed and you still have no access, try to reset the router. It has a small “reset” button on it, and by pressing it you will return your device to the standard configuration. To press the small button use something thin and sharp, for example, a pin. It is necessary to hold the button for 20 seconds in order for it to completely reset. After that time the router will be reset and returned to the basic settings.
This method will work in the situation where the router was already used by someone before you, because the configuration depends on the provider. Also, many errors could occur while performing set up, which can additionally cause problems attaining internet access.
Another router’s IP-address
Most of the firms like ASUS, Lyncsys, Qtech, Sagemcom utilize the standard IP address. However, ZTE and Huawei usually set the last IP-address from the range – 192.168.1.254. This is not normally an issue, regardless of IP-address there will not be any problems with the proper functioning of the router. You simply have to find the IP-address which is set for your specific router.
How to find out your IP-address?
There are a number of different IP-addresses and to find out which one is yours, simply turn the router upside down and located on the bottom of it you will find a sticker with an IP-address.
Also, at the conclusion of this article you can find the list of most popular router models and their IP-addresses.
An authorization (login and password to access the 192.168.1.1)
In order to access the router’s settings page, perform the following steps:
- Open any browser (it is often recommended to use IE – Internet Explorer, or also Google Chrome, however, other browsers work fine for this as well, so you can use any particular browser you prefer).
- In the search line enter the IP-address: 192.168.1.1. Of importance – you don’t have to add “www” before or after IP, this is incorrect, you only need the IP-address’s number itself. After entering press the “enter” button.
- Now you have to access the authorization page. In order to perform this action you shall need to enter the login and password. Do not worry if you do not know them, it is totally fine. When you log in for the first time, you have to use the standard “admin” as login and the standard “admin” as password. If this does not work, look on the sticker at the bottom of the router. It is possible the manufacturer of your router sets different data for logging in. At the conclusion of this article you will find standard passwords for different companies. After logging in you will be asked for changing the password (for security reasons). Write it down immediately! If you forget the password, you will have to reset the router and set it up again, and this can cause additional problems.
- If you did not manage to open settings with knowing the standard login and password, or your password may have been changed previously, try pressing the “reset” button as was described previously. It may help to resolve the issue.
What should you do if you can’t access http://192.168.1.1
In the event you cannot attain access to the authorization page, thoroughly check the IP-address you have entered. It is possible you may have entered the letter “I” instead of “1” (for example: 192.168.1.0) or you may have missed a dot where it should have been located (for example: 192168.01), or you may have added an extra digit (for example: 192.1680.11), etc. These are common mistakes, so please do not ignore this point. Also, make sure to double check the login and password.
Setting of IP-address using Control panel
- Open the “Control Panel → Network and Internet → Network the Sharing Center”
- You will see the window “Change adapter setting”, click on it. The “Network connections” page will open. Here you can see a list of all the connections for your PC.
- Now you have to open the point “Status → Details”. Everything is correct if the “IPv4-address” designated range is 192.168.1.2 – 192.168.1.254. And “IPv4 DHCP” or “IPv4 DNS” servers are appointed 192.168.1.1.
- If your PC receives an IP-address from the network starting with the number “169.254.x.x” this is incorrect and you will need to fix it. The next paragraph explains how to perform this action.
- Go back to the “Network connection”. Now you have to find the necessary connection of the router, then open its context menu and choose “Properties”. Now you have to choose “Internet 4 protocol version (TCP/IPv4)” and open the item in accordance to the status. Settings of the IP-address will be chosen automatically. It is performed to make the connection of the PC to the network easier. It occurs in the following manner: if there is a DCHP-server in the network, it provides all the data to the system. In the event the DHCP-server is disabled (for example, it’s turned off) the system cannot collect the data it requires. By default, the network adapter is assigned with address 169… (we have mentioned it previously). In this case you have to enter all the data by yourself. Click on “Use the following IP-address”, and also “Use the following addresses of DNS-servers” and re-enter the following data:
“Subnet mask”: 255.255.255.0
“Default gateway”: 192.168.1.1 (it is the address of the router, you have searched for it on the sticker earlier, also you can find a list of the most common mistakes in the end of the article).
“Preferred DNS-server”: 192.168.1.1
After completion of the above you should save everything (press OK) and try to access the settings of the router once more. Most likely this will help you to resolve your problem.
Problems which are caused by proxy
Is the page with the router’s settings still unavailable? It is likely that the problem is caused by a proxy. In simple language, it means that all the requests will be sent not to the router but instead to the server. That’s why it doesn’t work: you don’t have a link to the server, of course.
You can check it with the following method: open the browser, open its settings where you can find “Proxy parameters”. Now you need to open “Connections”, then “LAN settings”. You should make sure that “use proxy-server” is not marked.
If any proxy is specified, this is incorrect, because regular home modems do not use these, therefore, it would not work.
Problems caused by internet browser
We must also consider the fact that it’s possible you cannot access the settings because of your browser. For example, cookies are saved incorrectly. In this case, you should try using another browser. Luckily, we have plenty of them, so you can choose any browser you prefer. Here are just a few of them:
- IE (Internet Explorer).
- Google Chrome.
- Mozilla Firefox.
Special address for setting
Some users set a special router address which consists of letters for setting (hostname instead of IP-address). This can be seen on certain new models of routers. Perhaps this is your situation. Check the sticker at the bottom of the router once again. It can look like “Address for setting”. So, when the manufacturer sets such an address it becomes impossible to access using an IP-address, but you can easily perform it by using this address. At the end of this article you can find the list of the most popular router hostnames.
If nothing from the list below helps, you can try calling into the technical support branch of your provider and seeking additional help. Often consultants on the phone help with adjustment of settings by providing a sequence of actions in relation to the specific properties of your router or computer. These calls are often free of charge and lead to a final resolution of the issue.
In the event any of the above mentioned solutions do not help to resolve your issue, it is likely that your router is malfunctioning or broken. If this is the case, you should return it to the manufacturer or purchase a new one.
Although this article is quite large and comprehensive we hope that you have read it all the way through. The information we provided can help you to resolve your issue. Now you should be able to set up your router. It is always useful to learn something new and helpful due to the constant development of technical progress. It is important to keep up with the latest technological trends. Once you have a comprehensive basic understanding of the whole system, it is going to be easier to understand similar processes and also help you possibly resolve other people’s issues too.
List of the router models and their IP-addresses:
- Airties: 192.168.2.1.
- Certain models of Huawei: 192.168.3.1.
- Starlan: 10.10.10.1, also 10.10.10.10.
- Upvel и TrendNet: 192.168.10.1.
- TTNet: 192.168.2.1.
List of the manufacturers of the routers and variations of password for them:
- CNET – epicrouter.
- Acorp – Admin.
- D-Link – without password (leave the empty field).
- ZTE – ZXDSL.
- Zyxel – 1234.
Also, attempt to use standard variants (not depending on manufacturer):
- admin (NO capital letters).
List of the hostnames of different manufacturers:
- ASUS – has no hostname.
- Zyxel Keenetic – my.keenetic.net.
- Netgear – routerlogin.net.
- D-Link – has no hostname.